Responding to the strong demand for training wealth professionals, WMI provides Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for individuals to upgrade their skills and competencies.
The WMI CPD Series is aimed at raising the competencies of Covered Persons, including product knowledge, asset allocation, wealth and tax planning, ethics, compliance and legal issues, and client relationship management skills.
Mandatory CPD from 2013
As provided under the Private Banking Code of Conduct (the Code):
- All Covered Persons are expected to achieve a minimum of 15 hours of CPD in each calendar year.
- The CPD requirement will take effect from March 1, 2013 onwards.
- If a Covered Person passes the CACS prior to March 1, 2013, the CPD obligation for 2013 will be 12 hours.
- If a Covered Person passes the CACS on/after March 1, 2013, the CPD obligation will be pro-rated as set out in paragraph 3.1.3 under the "Competency" section of the Code.
- The CPD obligation from 2014 onwards will be 15 hours per year.
The WMI CPD Series is conducted by distinguished industry-based practitioners who bring with them years of experience in the wealth management sphere. We have partnered with top industry players including private banks, fund management companies and leading business schools to develop a menu of seminars and workshops that meet the industry's CPD training requirements.
As seats are limited, early registration is highly encouraged.
CACS CPD Hours
CACS CPD Activity
|8 Sep 2015||Client Management Skills Series
Philanthropy: More Than Money
|7 hrs||External Course||Register here|
|14 Sep 2015||Client Management Skills Series
Managing Difficult Client Conversations
|7 hrs||Industry Related Event||Register here|
|23 Oct 2015||Client Management Skills Series
|3 hrs||Industry Related Event||Register here|
It’s not only about doing a job better, but also about seizing opportunities, coping with change, keeping updated, never stopping to learn but learning constantly.
Eli Lenyoun, J.D.
Family Wealth Practitioner