The IBF Standards is a comprehensive quality assurance framework developed by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), with a certification and accreditation system that aims at raising the quality of the financial workforce and training providers. The framework encompasses job families across all sectors including Wealth Management.
The IBF Standards represents a set of competency standards developed by the industry, for the industry. It provides a practice-oriented development roadmap for financial sector practitioners to attain the necessary training to excel in their respective job roles.
An IBF-certified practitioner is one who empitomizes the values of professional excellence, integrity and a strong commitment to industry development.
WMI is the IBF Standards accredited training and assessment provider for the following job specialisations:
- Wealth Management – Relationship Management – Private Banking, Levels 1 and 2/3
- Wealth Management – Relationship Management – Priority Banking, Levels 1 and 2/3
- Wealth Management – Trust Administration / Wealth and Estate Planning, Levels 1 and 2/3
WMI's roleAs the appointed Key Provider, WMI aims to:
- Deliver high-quality IBF-accredited assessment programmes for all four job families.
- Assist financial institutions on their adoption of the IBF Standards.
- Provide general information on the career opportunities in the wealth management industry related to the programmes administered by WMI.
- For more information on IBF-accredited training and assessment programmes, contact us or visit wwwibf.org.sg.
We are very proud to be involved in the formation of WMI, and we are very pleased that they are the lead provider for training in wealth management under the IBF Standards.
Tee Fong Seng (FICP)
Vice Chairman and Head, UHNW Private Banking Asia Pacific, Credit Suisse